This listing is for one SCRAPBOOK SIZE SHEET (12"L x 12"W) of washi paper.
Tradition meets modern in this gorgeous design! This print features traditional Japanese garden scenes with a rich, bold purple color and warm hues to make you feel like your dreaming away on an autumn day.
Each color layer of the design is hand-silkscreened in Japan by artisans on to a thick, fibrous mulberry paper (called kozo).
The word "washi" (和紙) literally translates to "Japanese paper", 和 “wa” meaning “Japanese” and 紙 “shi” meaning “paper”.
Chiyogami (also sometimes referred to as Yuzen) washi is a traditional Japanese art form of silkscreening patterns color by color on to kozo paper; and steams from kimono designs in the Edo period.
Our papers' sturdy, fabric-like quality makes it ideal to work with for all sorts of projects. Chiyogami yuzen washi is great for scrapbooking, cards, jewelry making, weddings, or anything else you can think of!
We proudly offer the following sizes of washi:
- FULL SHEET SIZE* (25"L x 38"W) for $16.99
- HALF SHEET SIZE* (25"L x 19"W) for $9.50
- SCRAPBOOK SIZE (12"L x 12"W) for $3.99
Please check out our other listings for other size options!
*size may vary slightly as each maker may use different a size base paper or silk-screen. Please contact us if you would like to know the exact measurements of a certain pattern.
NOTES ABOUT OUR WASHI:
- The pattern swatch pictured is an exact 6" x 6" representation of the larger washi sheet design
- Pattern placement may vary per sheet. Portions of the whole design may not be pictured as some patterns are very diverse.
- Colors reflected in the picture may differ from the true colors of the paper depending on the calibration of your screen monitor. Please don't hesitate to message if you have questions about specific coloring.More Info